A) Elegant Home Decor Sdn Bhd (www.elegantscreensmember.com) Policy
These terms and conditions apply to all your purchases from Elegant Home Decor Sdn Bhd (www.elegantscreensmember.com). They contain very important information about your legal rights and obligations, including legal limitations and exclusions that apply to you. By placing an order for any product from Elegant (\”Elegant Home Decor Sdn Bhd (www.elegantscreensmember.com)\”), you (\”Customer / Consumer\”) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below. You and Elegant agree that the following terms and conditions are the exclusive terms governing the sales transaction between the Customer and Elegant. Any attempt to alter, supplement, modify or amend these terms and conditions by the Customer will be considered a material alteration of this agreement and, therefore, are null and void. In addition, these terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, without prior written notice. Therefore, please check these terms and conditions carefully each time you place an order with or accept delivery of any goods from Elegant.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Malaysia Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
B) Refund & Return Policy
What is our return policy?
We do not normally give refunds or exchanges if you:
simply change your mind; or
purchased the wrong product; or
already knew of a particular fault in a product, or we specifically advised you of a particular fault in a product; or
damage a product after purchase due to alterations to the product not performed by us, damage the product due to unusual or non-recommended use of the product or damage the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control; or
no proof of purchase is provided.
How do I request / notify a Refund or Return?
Click here to request/submit your Refund or Return Claim.
Please note if the product is deemed NO FAULT FOUND for any warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim, a service fee up to RM150 with any additional shipping charges may be applied. If a product is found to have been supplied to you in full compliance with the Malaysia Consumer Law, we may require you pay to Elegant all costs associated with returning the product to you.
How can I be eligible for Refund or Return Claim?
To be eligible for a refund, return, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim consumers must meet the following requirements:
• Report the details of the fault and return them by post or courier;
• State what remedy you would like : 1) refund in store credit; or 2) replace the faulty product(s) with new product(s);
• Provide proof of purchase when returning the goods;
• Stop using the faulty item;
• Ensure reasonable care is taken while the goods are in your possession;
• Be sure that you did not cause the fault i.e. fault was not caused by the product being used in an abnormal or non-recommended way;
• The product must not be disposed of, lost or destroyed. In other words, we need to be able to prove that the product has failed; and
• Not have reduced in value by delay on the customer’s part. Customers should bring faults to Elegant’s attention within (7) days of receiving the item(s).
Rejection of a return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim
Elegant reserves the right to reject a return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim if consumers:
• Change their mind about a product. This includes when a consumer has found a cheaper product elsewhere, has bought a gift that is unsuitable (where the consumer has not made any specific intended use of the product known to Elegant), or their circumstances have changed and they no longer require the goods;
• Caused the fault by using the product in an abnormal way. Such a use may be a use that you wouldn’t reasonably expect the product to perform;
• Damage the product by making alterations not performed by us;
• Damage the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control;
• Are unable to provide a proof of purchase, namely a tax invoice produced by us;
• Are responsible for damaging the goods by not following the care instructions (if any are provided);
How do I receive my refund?
Any refund will be given to the customer in the form of store credit. Please note refunds can take up to 3 business days to process.
Returning goods to Elegant
Elegant does not take responsibility for any goods damaged or lost in transit when the customer sends the product back to us for return. Please ensure the product is packed appropriately for shipping before sending it back to us. If you are unsure about how to pack a product appropriately for shipping please contact us. The consumer is responsible for any and all charges associated with returning the goods to Elegant except where the cost of transporting the goods is significant due to the size, height or type of problem with the goods. Such charges may be reimbursed by Elegant to the consumer where the consumer is entitled at law to have those charges reimbursed to them.
Special Orders, Clearance, Discounted, Discontinued Items
As stated at the time of your purchase, special orders, clearance items, discounted items, or discontinued items cannot be returned. However, if you received this item and find there is substantial damage or some other issue, please get in touch with us.
Step-by-step Guide to Request for A Refund
Elegant provides an online RMA Service for all return claims:
• Log into your online user account. (You must be the authorized person to access the user account)
• Fill the online RMA request form. (SKU number can be found on your invoice number).
• Include details of the fault description or reason for return. (\”product faulty\” or \”don’t work\” is not a good fault description for the warranty or consumer guarantee claim)
• Once the RMA request is approved, you will receive a return authorization number, which is the reference number used for the return to us.
• You will receive an email notice each time your online job is updated.
• You can view your RMA Status by clicking Job/RMA Inbox in My Accounts page.
• You can contact us through the online job / ticket if you want to check status updates regarding your return
C) Ordering Policy
Order Modify / Cancellation
No modification of orders (changing items) can occur after your order has been approved and is in the \”Processing\” status.
To cancel/modify an order please submit an enquiry via My Account: My Orders -> Enquiry -> Job Ticket system, If you are unable to submit a modification/cancellation then your order has passed the approval stage and your order is therefore final.
Dispatch times are subject to stock availability and may vary due to stock being sold out.
D) Shipping Policy
Delivery & Return Policy
- Within Malaysia
- Estimate Delivery Time: 5 – 14 Working Days
Your total cost for purchase of any product will include shipping and handling charges shown on the Elegant invoice and before you place your order online.
Please note that customers are responsible for all freight charges for re-deliveries, incorrect delivery details and these are added to the invoice total.
Risk of Loss
Elegant will arrange for shipment of ordered product(s) to the Customer, Free On Board (F.O.B.) shipping point, meaning title to the product(s), and risk of loss passes to the Customer upon delivery to the carrier. Elegant reserves a purchase money security interest in the product(s) until its receipt of the full amount due. Customer agrees to allow Elegant to sign appropriate documents on Customer’s behalf to permit Elegant to protect its purchase money security interest. Elegant will advise the Customer of estimated shipping dates, but Elegant will, under no circumstances, be responsible for delays in delivery, and associated damages, due to events beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God or public enemy, acts of federal, state or local government, fire, floods, civil disobedience, strikes, lockouts, and freight embargoes.
E) Payment Policy
Payment Ways & Terms
Orders: An order is not binding upon Elegant until it is accepted & approved by Elegant. Elegant must receive full payment before it will accept, approve & process an order. Payment for product(s) ordered is due prior to shipment.
Elegant only accepts payments made by;
Direct Bank-in via ATM
Elegant store credit/voucher
• Elegant store credit/voucher cannot be redeemed for cash
• Elegant store credit/voucher is not transferable and refundable
• Elegant reserves the right to change the terms and condition of Elegant program without further notice
F) Product Information Policy
Our website is updated frequently to ensure that you will view the latest products and correct pricing available, and that you receive all of the latest savings. At the time you make a purchase you agree to the listed price. The listed price is subject to change.
Elegant reserves the right to make changes and corrections in prices, products and specifications without notice due to errors arising from misprints, technical and human errors.
Product Images and Other Images
All product images on Elegant website may vary from the actual product. All typographical errors are subject to correction. Please note that images are only to be used as a point of reference and are not indicative, in any way, of the actual product.
Product Descriptions and Specifications
Please be assured that Elegant makes every effort to ensure product description accuracy, however specifications, features, documents and graphics published may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If an error is made or a product is listed at an incorrect price, Elegant will endeavour to correct the error as soon as possible.
Should you receive an order which does not match the online product description please contact Elegant.
Please note that product availability is subject to change at any time. Stock showing as available at time of ordering may sell out and therefore your order may not be approved by Elegant. However, in cases where not all the products ordered are sold out, your order will still be processed excluding the out of stock items.
Webcrawlers (MyShopping, StaticIce, Google etc.)
Elegant does not accept any responsibility for errors made by companies such as MyShopping, StaticIce etc. who retrieve data from our site and list it on their own. In these circumstances it is the end users responsibility to ensure that what they are ordering is correct. If you have any questions concerning a product please do not hesitate to contact us, please keep in mind we do not refund or exchange for incorrect purchases.
G) Other Policy
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions or the sales transaction between Elegant and Customer shall be governed by the laws of the State of Malaysia Consumer Law.
If any provision contained in this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity, illegality, or non-enforceability shall not affect the remaining provisions and portions of this agreement, and the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified so as to have the most similar result that is valid and enforceable under applicable law.
The failure of either party to require performance by the other party of any provision of this agreement shall not affect in any way the first party’s right to require such performance at any time thereafter. Any waiver by either party of a breach of any provision in this agreement shall not be taken or held by the other party to be a continuing waiver of that provision unless such waiver is made in writing.
These terms and conditions, together with the Elegant invoice respecting the products ordered by Customer, are the complete and exclusive agreement between Elegant and Customer, and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous proposals, oral or written, understandings, representations, conditions, warranties, and all other communications between Elegant and Customer relating to the subject products. This agreement may not be explained or supplemented by any prior course of dealings or trade by custom or usage.